There are a variety of lodging options available for the the 2013 Democracy Convention. Please note that Convention sessions will take place at the downtown branch of Madison College (211 N. Carroll St. Madison, WI 53703).
Group Rate Hotels:
The Democracy Convention has reserved blocks of rooms at three area hotels. All three offer free shuttle service to and from the Capitol square which is adjacent to Madison College. Airport shuttle service may also be available to and from the Dane County Regional Airport.
Best Western Plus InnTowner- 2424 University Ave - (608) 233-8778 - $129 (Code: DEMCONV)
Sheraton Hotel - 706 John Nolen Dr Service Rd - (608) 251-2300 - $139 (Code: Democracy Convention)
Doubletree Hotel - 525 W Johnson St - (608) 251-5511 - $149 (Code: DEM)
Other Area Hotels:
Other hotels in the downtown area include:
- Best Western Inn on the Park
- Hilton Madison Monona Terrace
- The Dahlmann Campus Inn
- Chancellors Club
Others not too far include:
- Crowne Plaza (a good value but no shuttle service to downtown)
You can also find lodging using services like Hotels.com, Hipmunk.com, Kayak.com, Hotwire.com, and Priceline.com. Please note that the Convention will take place in downtown Madison, and that many of the hotels listed on those websites are miles away from the downtown. You will want to find a location as close to the central city as possible, though public transportation and taxi services are available.
Other Lodging Options:
- Airbnb (short-term home/apt rental options for both small/large groups)
- Madison Hostel - 141 South Butler St - (608) 441-0144
- Couch Surfing International - http://www.couchsurfing.org/home.html
- Area housing co-ops are sometimes willing to host individuals in town for progressive conferences. To view a housing co-op directory please visit www.madisoncommunity.coop/coops
We are trying our best to arrange of home stays for attendees who could not otherwise make the Convention. To see if any spots are available please fill out this form.
Live in the Madison area and able to host? Fill out this form here!